Statement of Strategic Intent
Planning for the Future
Our Strategic Directions Statement (2014-2017) aims to provide a strategic direction for the organisation over the next three years. It states, at a high level, what we plan to achieve during this time and forms the basis of our teams’ operational plans and individual work plans. This makes it the foundation of our day-to-day service delivery.
Objectives relating to our core purpose, vision and values, how we work with indigenous communities and how we work with CALD communities have been embedded within the plan to reinforce their importance across everything we do. Specific focus will be given to these areas within the more practically based operational plans.
It is important to remember that ‘Children, Parenting and Relationships’ are our core business. We also see our work as an extension of community not as an extension of government.
Strategic Direction 1:
Services delivered are practical expressions of our purpose, vision and values.
- Continue to build our knowledge of the communities and clients we serve
- Broaden and diversify our client base
- Improve access for clients and service providers to early intervention and support
- Target and pursue funding to offer programs that address the needs of the most vulnerable, disadvantaged and displaced people
- Be innovative and flexible with the way we deliver our services
- Target communities within our region and Diocese where we do not currently have a presence
Strategic Direction 2:
Strong commitment to staff, clients, local communities and other stakeholders.
- Build and maintain organisational practice that supports professional development
- Establish and promote a client friendly and welcoming culture, environment and facilities
- Proactively campaign and advocate on social justice issues
- Operationalise the principle of mutual rights and responsibilities across the organisation
- Deliver required funding outcomes and demonstrate contractual compliance
- Implement processes to identify and monitor key compliance areas
Strategic Direction 3:
Contemporary and tailored services employing best practice.
- Ensure our practice is informed by and based on researched evidence
- Provide leadership opportunities at all levels
- Embed a ‘one organisation’ ideology across CatholicCare Sandhurst
- Prioritise consultation and feedback to ensure stakeholder satisfaction
- Increase appropriate and effective use of up-to-date digital technologies
- Build opportunities for innovation and research to contribute to the wider sector
Strategic Direction 4:
Purposeful and respectful partnerships that achieve the best possible outcomes for clients and staff.
- Work collaboratively in a range of partnerships to best meet the needs of communities
- Develop strategic relationships with other service providers to broaden service delivery