Counselling is a respectful relationship between people, one a trained responsive listener, the other person needing to talk about a concern.
The counsellor provides a safe enviroment in which the person can express their thoughts, feelings and values and begin to gain more awareness and understanding of the problem.
Assisting couples, parents, children, families and individuals who wish to resolve issues in their relationships and personal lives:
- Conflict and Tension
- Grief and Loss
- Relationship Preparation
- Improving Communication
- Parenting support
- Parenting after Separation
Appointments : If you would like to enquire about counselling or require further assistance, please contact our office on 03 5438 1300
Fees: Counselling services at $50.00 per session. Fees are negotiable with you counsellor.
Concession card holders, children and young people are free.
- In-home support to parents with parenting issues.
- Individual support to parents, children and young people experiencing family problems
- Mediation to assist family members to communicate their needs to one another in a safe environment
- Advocacy to assist family members in resolving issues
- Referrals to other services as required Group work opportunities
- Parent education groups including communication, stress management, managing difficult behaviours and relationship issues
- Counselling, crisis, short term or long term support for parents, children or families.
The aim of Child First is to support the safety and health of children, young people and their families.
Family Services Is committed to providing access to all communities within the Loddon Shire.
We can be accessed in home, via the Bendigo Office or at a place of your choice.
Bendigo Office: 176-178 McCrae Street, (PO Box 255), BENDIGO VIC 3550
Ph: (03) 5438 1300
Fax: (03) 5441 7713
Family Relationship Centres
Family relationship centres provide information and referrals for families at any stage of their relationships, as well as individual interviews, group and joint sessions (including family dispute resolution) for separating or separated families. Centres provide advice on parenting after separation and help parents focus on the needs of their children.
They provide dispute resolution (such as mediation or conciliation) to help parents resolve conflict and develop workable arrangements (including parenting plans) for their children.
Click here to visit Family Relationship Centre online
Family Dispute Resolution
Family Dispute Resolution helps with ongoing communication with your former partner and strategies for resolving any future disputes.
Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners encourage individuals to obtain independent legal advice. Please note that Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners do not provide legal advice.
Bendigo Outreach - Family Relationship Centre is characterised by:
- Confidential, except where a risk to person or property.
- Child and future focussed.
Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners are accredited under the Family Law Act to issue 60I Certificates where appropriate.
In order to make an application regarding children to the Court, Family Dispute Resolution needs to be attempted. Some legal exemptions apply, please seek legal advice.
Funded and accredited by the Attorney General's Department and Department of Families, Housing, Community Services & Indigenous Affairs & Child Support Agency
Points to remember
- Parents are the most influential people in their children's lives
- Contact with both parents is important for children's emotional development
- Family involvement with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins reinforces a sense of family and belonging
- Although separated, you will still share with the other parent common goals for your children
- Children should be able to feel positive about their time with each parent
- Mistakes only matter if you keep repeating them.
- Being a parent is forever
Contact Family Relationship Centre - Bendigo Outreach on 03 5438 1300 or Shepparton on 03 5820 0444 or 1300 273 528
Available Support Services:
Family Relationships Advice Line: 1800 050 321
Family Relationships Online: www.familyrelationship.gov.au
Children's Contact Services:
(Provide a safe, neutral environment for parents to undertake changeovers and supervised visitation). For your nearest centre please call 1800 050 321
Child Support Agency: 131 272
Legal Aid: 1800 677 402